Do you see anything special about this deck lid? Well I'm told that if you were a true bug enthusiast you would spot the "W" deck lid immediately. They quit making them in '57. To me I would have never picked up on this, but to Bob he HAD to have it. Of course to make this lid work on the Heinz '67 bug I little modifications would be necessary.
Looking closer you can see how the gap becomes increasingly bigger from the center outwards.
No worries though, that's why you can never have enough donor car parts to use. We're up to eight different cars right now, but who's counting!
A couple of cuts to the original body and you're ready to weld in the donor part.
After lots of thinking and planning on how he was going to make this happen
he pulled it off, gaps that line up perfectly.
It's all the little details that is eventually going to turn this project into one classy bug.








No comments:
Post a Comment