Sunday, January 20, 2013

Eagle Fascination

It was three years ago when we spotted a bald eagle in the farmlands behind us. Every January since then I peer out the back window looking for that majestic bird.
Friday I was lucky enough to spot one perched high in a tree. There was a canal separating me from the tree in the field, so I did my best to get a glimpse from where I was at.
Saturday I kept constant watch out the back window hoping he would be back for another visit. With binoculars nearby I spotted the eagle in a field a little bit further away.
My eagle fascination got the best of me. Still in my PJ's and hair awry, I put on a pair of jeans, grabbed a big sweatshirt of Bobs, pulled my hair back, grabbed some snow boats, covered my eyes with sunglasses and I was off.
I kept my eye on him as I drove down the street trying to figure out how exactly I was going to get into the field he was in. Being slightly possessed with my journey, I did the only thing I could think of. Knock on a stranger's door, ask permission to be in their backyard and field, all for that perfect shot.
Thank you to that stranger down the road that led me through your house to your backyard, so that I could scare the bald eagle away that you had been admiring all morning!

p.s. I really don't recommend going to strangers homes, I was obviously a little obsessed and forgot all about stranger danger.


1 comment:

  1. Those are some awesome pictures! Remind me to never let you teach my kids about stranger danger! Ü

    ReplyDelete