Tuesday night we headed to the Paul McCartney concert at Rio Tinto Stadium. The concert was sold out and as you can tell by the people in the background of this picture the majority of the crowd was just a little bit older than you generally see at concerts. I'm guessing the median age was 50'ish. Paul came on stage at 8:20 and performed straight through until 11:00. Simply amazing when you consider his age. His voice is still the same, in fact Bob thought it sounded better than it did 15 years ago when he saw him in Memphis. Here's a few glimpses of the concert.
Anybody know this guy? Well neither did we, but that didn't stop Bob from talking music trivia to this guy throughout the concert. In fact they talked so much a lady in front of us actually turned around once and told them to stop talking! She must have had sensitive ears, I've never been able to hear the person next to me during a concert!
During Live and Let Die they had a little pyrotechnic show with a few fireworks behind the stage.

I know you are all curious as to how the tractor is coming along this week. Well here is how it looked Thursday.
I definitely get the good wife award for time well spent yesterday. Bob was anxious to get the frame moved out of the paint booth so he could continue painting the last batch of parts and needed some help putting on the front end and wheels. Well we don't have a bunch of strangers lined up at our doorstep anxious to help out so I went back there to help him, knowing that if I didn't he was going to figure out a way to do it all by himself that would probably cripple him even more! I have to admit there is a little bit of personal satisfaction knowing the small part that you helped with. Here's the front end that I helped put on.
And here's how it looks from the side with the front end and back wheels on. And yes, those back wheels are massive and heavy!
This weeks photography assignment was to compose a shot that told a story by your depth of field and focus. I think this shot captured the moment.
Here are a couple more shots practicing depth of field and focus (otherwise known as aperture). Love, love, love taking shots of my flowers!










Hey I started following your blog from a Jessica Sprague forum post and just read your post about Paul McCartney. We were there too! It was amazing. Truly a once in a lifetime sort of thing!
ReplyDeleteHey Lauren, it's nice to see a fellow Spraguer in the state.
ReplyDelete