Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Bug Project

I've had a few requests for an update on Bob's latest project. So here it is.
YABBA DABBA DOO!
That was for those of you that didn't see this picture on Facebook. I really did marry quite the comedian. The bug project is moving along nicely. A little slower than the tractor, but this one is going to take a lot more TLC along the way. He's not simply restoring one bug, he is combining bits and pieces off of a few. Here's the bottom part of the above car which he's not using.
And here's the bottom of the car (please understand that's my lingo, not sure of the exact terminology to use) that he is going to use. In this picture he was test driving the bottom of the car to make sure the transmission would shift through all the gears. Prior to taking this picture I got a phone call from Chase telling me to head outside so I could take a picture of them, well in the middle of the conversation there was a little bit of commotion on his end and then he hung up. The next phone call I got was from Ian laughing his butt off. He was following Bob & Chase on the 4 wheeler as he watched the back wheel start to shake, come off and pass Bob & Chase as they came to a screeching halt. That's one picture I wish a had, but you'll have to settle for this one after all 4 wheels were properly secured.
Here are the remains of the unused portion.
Bob is currently working on replacing the heater channels (whatever they are!). The only thing I know about this part of the project is that he spent a lot of time researching and reading articles. Apparently there was a lot of warning that this was not a project to be taken lightly and the local shops told him he was crazy to do it on his own. Well that's only more of a challenge for Bob and from what I can see it looks like he has thought it out wisely and it's going as he had anticipated.
A little custom fitting with the grinder
and little bit of welding. Those welding classes for Chase are coming in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment